Magento store development
Magento development service involves the creation of an online store based on a multichannel CMS for online commerce. It combines exceptional flexibility and versatility, allowing you to develop projects of any complexity. This content management system is considered the most popular and in demand in the world, it accounts for more than 25% of the total market share. It works equally well for Business to Client and Business to Business models.
What is CMS?
Content Management System is a tool for Magento website development and content management of an online store. In developers’ slang, this is also called a website engine. According to the study, now more than 50% of all websites work on CMSs. The competitors for our discussed CMS are WordPress, Drupal, and other well-known names. From a practical point of view, a content management system is a program for developing and maintaining online stores. This lowers the barrier to entry because it allows people who are not programmers to work with websites. CMSs differ in their structure, popularity, and other characteristics.
Magento for stores and other similar systems necessarily have a control panel through which you can work with an online store. This is also called the admin panel or console. In terms of design work, you will be able to use ready-made presets and customize various elements through the admin panel:
- text fonts;
- links to other pages;
- color shades;
- navigation buttons;
To develop on Magento and other CMS, you may need paid or free templates. The free versions of the CMS usually provide a limited number of templates. In paid ones, you can usually choose from many thousands of different variations. For this, either a separate section of the admin panel is provided, or special online stores that sell templates. In the most advanced content management systems, you can not only use ready-made presets, but also assemble web pages yourself using special constructors with a visual preview function. In part, this is similar to developing presentations in PowerPoint.
Magento Development and other CMSs usually facilitate the presence of pre-installed minimal functionality. In the future, you can add extra modules, which are also called add-ons. They will help turn a regular website into an online shop, as well as add forms to fill out, pop-ups, the ability to subscribe to a newsletter, chat, and various payment and delivery methods. Like presets, additional modules are also commercial and free. They are usually located in a special section of the console or on special web resources.
Magento development services well know that CMS has both advantages and disadvantages. The advantages include:
- the opportunity for self-development of an online store in the shortest possible time;
- convenient content management functionality;
- you don't have to be a programmer or a designer;
- creating an online store will cost less.
Let's be honest, content management systems have their drawbacks:
- they are periodically updated, which causes compatibility problems;
- they are unsuitable for the implementation of atypical tasks;
- the performance of an online store decreases when it is overloaded with add-ons;
- it is not always possible to realize all the plans.
How is Magento different from other CMS?
Magento development services recommend this CMS not by chance because it is open source and created in PHP. Functionality is achieved through the Unix OS. From the point of view of visitors, an online store on this CMS looks simple and pleasant, and developers note its versatility and advanced technical capabilities. That is why this content management system has changed owners several times. It is now owned by Adobe, which has nothing to do with the original development of this product.
Magento development company is very proud of its capabilities and flexibility. The main disadvantage can be considered a fairly high entry threshold and the complexity of implementing everything planned. It is really difficult for beginners to use this CMS because it lacks a simple designer with visualization, and the services of IT companies related to the support of this content management system are not so cheap. Creating a new online store in one day will not work. First, you need to methodically understand everything, study the instructions, find the necessary extensions and, if necessary, make changes to the source code.
Magento development companies also choose this CMS because it has a pronounced focus on online stores. For this, a special functionality is provided:
- A wide range of marketing and analytical tools that increase sales and customer loyalty and help control mailings.
- Adaptation to the requests of the best search engines, and SEO tools.
- Various payment and delivery methods. These modules can be commercial and free.
- Magento website development makes it easier to support different languages, compatibility with smartphones, support for different currencies, and the ability to manage different resources from one center.
- The user's account with wide functionality provides customers with great opportunities, such as rating, adding pages to favorites, ability to leave positive or negative reviews, compiling a list of desired purchases for the future, etc.
- The owner of an online store can divide visitors into categories by setting different parameters for each of these groups.
- Magento web development implies that convenient filters will be created for customers. They will allow you to sort products by special properties, parameters, types, prices, etc.
- It is possible to automatically create promotions and discounts. A customer loyalty program is a must-have.
- CMS allows you to build a hierarchy by giving administrators of different levels different access rights. Also, the owner of an online store can receive detailed reports on successful sales, positive and negative reviews, the most popular products, etc. They even have the opportunity to peek into the shopping carts.
Another positive in Magento web development is that this CMS was created with a focus on Western, not Asian markets. You will feel it when you come across the basic functionality and additional modules. Eastern developers do not really like this content management system, as they have difficulty integrating local currencies, payment systems, and more. For the Western market, this is optimized almost perfectly even in the most basic version of the program.
The process of creating an online store on Magento
Magento web development companies usually cope with these tasks without any problems. However, online store owners are not recommended to do this if they lack programming skills.
System requirements check
Finding the right hosting is always a difficult task, but in the case of this CMS, it becomes even more complicated. If the hosting does not meet the system requirements of this content management system, it may malfunction or not work at all. It's especially important not to fall for the trap when you sign up for a monthly plan and then find that hosting isn't right for you.
Download and install CMS
Installation of Magento 2 for development services does not pose any particular problems, since providers usually offer “one-click” installation and flexible configuration. However, you must choose between the official paid and free versions of the CMS, which is maintained by the community. Let's just say that the paid version is better in everything. Its only drawback is the additional costs. You will also need to register on the official website of the developer of this content management system.
Then, Magento 2 development company will create a design for the future online store. In principle, even the standard default theme already has everything you need to immediately start trading online. The minimum that can be done is to change the banners, logos, and color palette. But as practice shows, this is not enough. Your online store must be unique, and for this, you need to abandon the standard theme and develop another one that will have unique handwriting and a recognizable style.
Setting up and filling with content
During custom Magento development you will need to perform basic settings, create a product catalog, and implement payment and delivery options. Basic settings include geolocation and time zone, available currencies, email address, and more. Creating a catalog is the most interesting but at the same time a very long, tedious, and monotonous task. The choice of payment methods is critical. They must be convenient for customers in your region, otherwise, they will massively refuse deals and go to your competitors. Payment systems must necessarily take into account regional characteristics.
Before launching an online store, you need to make sure that it works like clockwork. For this, the necessary tests are carried out that measure the speed of the interface, the ease of placing orders, the adaptability of a website to various devices (mobile and desktop), protection from hacker attacks, etc. Visitors to an online store shouldn't encounter any critical flaws that will prevent them from making purchases conveniently. This can have a very bad effect on the reputation of a website, but don’t worry, we will not allow this, because the Brander team already has a lot of experience in such matters.