Magento performance optimization
Magento performance optimization is best suited for large, complex online stores with high loads and a large range of products. The rich functionality of this CMS allows you to customize all aspects of the store. Thanks to additional modules, you can integrate it with all the services you need for online commerce: statistics, analytics, accounting, payments, logistics, delivery, marketplaces, and so on. You can implement a loyalty service in the store with the accrual of points for purchases, gift cards, certificate issuance, and services for wholesale buyers and distributors. Many modules and extensions are available for free.
How can we optimize Magento performance?
Here are some of the most common reasons why you might need Magento performance optimization:
- Wrong choice of theme. Website owners often try to choose the most effective design theme, but at the same time, they forget about performance, ignoring sloppy code and unnecessary plugins.
- Incorrect database configuration. Magento site performance optimization is known for its flexibility, but misconfiguration can significantly reduce the responsiveness of an online store.
- Insufficiently powerful server hardware. The server might have a weak processor and little RAM, or it might just be misconfigured.
- Incorrect selection of the functional mode. Magento has several different modes of operation, but most users choose "Default". This is not suitable for all cases.
- Too much multimedia content. Photos and videos are very important for any online store. This is the best way to present a wide variety of products. But an abundance of graphics and videos can also make website pages significantly heavier and slow down their loading speed largely. There are many ways to optimize the loading of media files. For example, you can use formats that reduce file sizes.
- Incorrect caching settings, missing flat directories, and other reasons.
Why do you need Magento performance optimization?
Magento 2 performance optimization guarantees the stability, efficiency, and scalability of a website. Optimization work allows you to analyze the current state of the system, and identify possible errors and bottlenecks in services, networks, load, resource usage, and database. All this must be done to reduce the response time for users, and the load on the server and speed up the loading of a website for visitors.
Only by consistently carrying out all these stages, it is possible to achieve positive results in increasing the speed and improving the quality of a store, since Magento performance optimization of configurable products is a complex process. It affects both the server component and the client's experience of interacting with the system. When developing a new store, it is necessary to monitor the performance level at the earliest stages - at the level of analysis of individual components, and the final stages, to avoid serious problems in the operation of a website.