Magento omnichannel retail solution
Magento omnichannel CMS is an open-source engine designed exclusively for online stores. This CMS is used to manage trading platforms based on MySQL and PostgreSQL. Even the basic version has many useful functions for an online store: currency selection, discounts, and promotions, reporting, detailed product cards, etc. The user can place several different online stores on the same platform and then manage them from a single admin panel. This option is suitable for both website owners and specialists engaged in the creation and promotion of custom web resources.
Benefits of Magento
The advantages of Magento omnichannel are really numerous, but we will try to highlight the main ones:
- Using the CMS Magento platform, it is possible to create several stores and manage their work from one admin panel, which saves time. The principle of single access to the admin panel is appreciated by the owners of such websites.
- There is a function that allows the use of major world currencies. It is possible to convert them without leaving the page of an online store.
- Magento's omnichannel solution allows you to create a modern and pretty convenient catalog. You can add extra categories and subsections to it. This feature gives you the opportunity to create a detailed description of products, add a certain number of promotional photos to each product, combine a number of goods according to a certain criterion, bind products to a position, add specialized characteristics and familiarize with warehouse balances.
- Another advantage of this platform is the presence of a bunch of built-in functions that allow you to use the structure in the most efficient way. It usually refers to such elements as currency, languages, discounts, promotions, purchase coupons, reports, templates, and extensions.
- This platform makes it very easy to work with product prices. It allows you to reduce the cost of goods for any period, make a discount to a certain client, select regular customers, and arrange a promotion for them. This feature helps to increase the rating and sales.
About omnichannel in Magento
Magento comes with a number of very powerful features under the hood that mostly go unnoticed by the people who install and use it on a daily basis. The feature we're reviewing today, the multi-store functionality, is one of them; and perhaps this is one of the most advanced. There is no common language for this function, so we will call it omnichannel for Magento 2.
Using this multi-store functionality, we can take a single Magento installation and use it to power any number of (within technical limitations, of course) stores or websites. This is definitely a godsend for clients who would like to buy products from different versions of websites for various electronic devices. Also, if you want granular control, you can set up different individual stores on the same domain with Magento 2 omnichannel to better differentiate products.